Marc A. Newman
VP for Advancement, Grambling State University, and now Albion College
Sidney H. Evans, Jr.
Morgan State University, Executive Vice President for Finance and Administration/CFO
Dean Student Affairs, Carolina College of Health Sciences (previously with Shaw University)
Vice President of Advancement, Research, and Economic Development, Grambling State University
Dr. Wandra Arrington
Assistant Professor of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness, Alcorn State University
Director of Public Relations, Livingstone College
Director of Graduate Admissions, Virginia Union University
Richard Jones, VP development, vitalink
Manager HBCUgrow: Corliss Pauling, Director of Marketing and Digital Media
Advisor: Jeanne Frazer
President, vitalink + Founding Partner of HBCUgrow
Kathy Horn, Project Manager/Consultant
Troy Thomas, Videographer/Photographer
Robin Sessoms, Administration
What does the HBCUgrow Advisory Board do?
The main goal of the Advisory Board is to help provide input and direction for our conferences and (potentially) other training events. While our HBCUgrow conferences have been successful, we know including people from the higher-ed side will help us provide a better experience.
Here are our expectations for Board members:
- Meet virtually for 30-45 minute conference planning calls and a post-conference “warm down” (estimated 8 calls/year)
- Attend the annual LEAD conference
- Advice on sessions, content, and direction of the conference
- Recommend and/or make introductions to potential speakers
- Secure or connect our team with potential event sponsors
- Recommend and/or make introductions for a host location (if needed)
- Support the conference by promoting it to your colleagues/networks and help build attendance
- Send a substitute to attend the call on your behalf if you are unavailable
- One year term commitment
If you are interested in being on the HBCUgrow Advisory Board, please fill out the form below. We are very excited about making our conferences bigger and better than ever!
The HBCUgrow Team
We’ve seen the challenges, lived them & developed campaigns that helped the largest & fastest growing HBCUs in the country.
HBCUgrow was born out of a partnership of three companies that have worked well together for years.
HBCUgrow now offers services where there is a good fit to help grow enrollment & alumni giving.