Marc A. Newman
Vice President for Advancement, Albion College (Past: Grambling State University)
Sidney H. Evans, Jr.
Senior Vice President/Chief Finance Officer, National Urban League
Former VP for Advancement, Grambling State University
Dr. Wandra Arrington
Associate Professor of Agricultural Economics & Agribusiness, Alcorn State University
Director of Communications & Public Relations, Livingstone College
Assistant VP of Enrollment, Virginia State University
Richard Jones, VP development, vitalink
Kathy Horn, Project Manager/Consultant
Honnalea Caro, Samantha Jones & Robin Sessoms, Executive Assistants
Jeanne Frazer, Advisor
What does the HBCUgrow Advisory Board do?
The main goal of the Advisory Board is to help provide input and direction for our conferences and (potentially) other training events. While our HBCUgrow conferences have been successful, we know including people from the higher-ed side will help us provide a better experience.
Here are our expectations for Board members:
- Meet virtually for 30-45 minute conference planning calls and a post-conference “warm down” (estimated 8 calls/year)
- Attend the annual LEAD conference
- Advice on sessions, content, and direction of the conference
- Recommend and/or make introductions to potential speakers
- Secure or connect our team with potential event sponsors
- Recommend and/or make introductions for a host location (if needed)
- Support the conference by promoting it to your colleagues/networks and help build attendance
- Send a substitute to attend the call on your behalf if you are unavailable
- One year term commitment
If you are interested in being on the HBCUgrow Advisory Board, please fill out the form below. We are very excited about making our conferences bigger and better than ever!
The HBCUgrow Team
We’ve seen the challenges, lived them & developed campaigns that helped the largest & fastest growing HBCUs in the country.
HBCUgrow was born out of a partnership of three companies that have worked well together for years.
HBCUgrow now offers services where there is a good fit to help grow enrollment & alumni giving.